So, I received my first award on WordPress. This award came from an amazing blogger named Marta. I came across her fashion blog, Mimosas and Fashion , and was immediately drawn to her style. She has the guts to put her sensibilities out there and I love that about her and the diversity in her pieces.
Part of this award means I have to share 7 random and interesting things about myself. So, here they are as they came to me.
1) I love to wear makeup but rarely do so. Ya know, kids and marriage, I can let myself go a little. Plus, it’s Florida…the humidity. Enough said.
2) I always make note of my egress options at any public space. One never knows when a quick exit is required i.e. the power goes out/smoke alarm sounded at the movies. This really happened to me once, with my kids, and I did not like that feeling.
3) I can relate to any “real housewife” on any given episode. Hence, my obsession with Bravo’s Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. One has beautiful long hair, another is a loud and obnoxious know-it-all, another is kinky, one has major issues, one lives on the beach and one named her house. Yeah…maybe not those last two, but, I still love ’em. They make me laugh and think that my life really is pretty good and they really aren’t that different from me except for the shopping part. And, the houses and cars parts…and vacations…and nannies…and fake boobs.
4) I am very judgmental. But, I keep my thoughts to myself and bite my tongue…until I can get home and call my sister who is one year younger than I am. She understands…she’s a cynical bitch, too. I also try to share with my husband, but it’s not the same. There’s no satisfaction like that of women bitching together.
5) I like my derrière. Really, I admire it in the mirror, I buy nice underwear for it, I smack it around sometimes. It’s quite nice. My girl friends have even remarked so over the years, out of jealousy, I hope (kidding). So it’s one of the only things about my physical self that I can be honest about.
6) I am a great cook. Not accomplished or anything, but I can make a mean omelette. Oh, and also a fried egg sandwich. Maybe I’m just good at making things with eggs…
7) I am loyal. The guilt riddles me if I’m to do something against my better judgement. So, it’s just easier for me to be a good person. My loyalty was tested a few years ago and I still feel the effects of it. It doesn’t feel good and it’s not pretty. But, I can take deep breaths and remember all the good things in life and I can move on.
Another part to this award is naming 15 bloggers I admire. They are all very different from each other and I really enjoy their perspectives on things of all sorts, their creativity, their honesty and their willingness to share.
This was a neat experience and encouraging considering I just started blogging consistently at the end of December 2013. To those I’ve listed above, keep in the “spirit” of things and pass this award along to 15 admired bloggers, link them, share 7 random and interesting things about yourself and have a Happy Valentine’s Day! And don’t forget to link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you!